Carob bliss balls


I apologise in advance for the photo spam but I am currently utterly and completely in love with these beauties! Bliss balls are a super rich and healthy snack, packed with all the good stuff mother nature can provide and none of the nasty sugar that usually you find in other snacks.
These pictures are actually from two different occasions (yes, I have been making them every weekend since I first came across the recipe!). They are however pretty much the same, except in one of them I added one banana for extra softness, and that I can tell you was amazing!
I like chocolate but I love carob even more, so instead of cocoa powder (which is what most recipes ask for) I am using carob powder, which if you haven't tried yet you really have to give it a go. It gives it the same appearance but it tastes different. It is sooo delicious and much healthier than cocoa. If you don't believe me check out these figures:
Cocoa can have 23%  fat and 5% sugar whereas only has 0.7%fat and only natural sugars such. How's that for healthy stuff eh?
I always buy mine from Portugal as I never found it here in the UK, so whenever I travel back home I come back with bags and bags of carob flour :)
Scroll down for recipe.
 
 
 

 





 
If you want to make these here is what you'll need:
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup almonds
1 cup dates (soak them in water for half an hour or so if they're dry)
1 1/2 tbsp carob
1tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp bits of goji berries
2 or 3 melted coconut oil (you can add more or less depending on how wet you want the mix to be)
 
Method:
 
Blitz almonds in the food processor until you get small bits, add the dates and blitz a bit again. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you get the texture you like. This can have smaller or larger bits, depending on what you prefer. The mix will start to get sticky so you can easily make balls. Roll them in coconut or carob powder and pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
 
Enjoy them throughout the day or after a workout to recharge your body with protein and sugar free energy :)

Comments

Popular Posts