Welcome 2013!

2012 is gone... Starting a new year is always super exciting! All the promises we make to ourselves - I'm going to to this and that, I'm going to change this and that in my life... You know, the usual.
Nothing wrong with that though :)

2012 was a very complicated year for me for many reasons. I left back a very important part of my life and had to start so many things from scratch. Although it was difficult to learn how to live on my own again, combat the moments of complete despair and loneliness - not to mention learning to manage all the boring (but essential) aspects of dealing with a household... Well, one year on I think I can say I'm getting there, slowly, but I am.

Believe it or not, getting back to crafts has played a very important role in achieving happiness! I think it's to do with doing something one genuinely loves, and I have always had the best time of my life creating stuff out of yarn, fabrics, whatever. I thank my mum for that, who ever since I was quite young introduced me to the wonders of all things crafty.

For this reason I have decided that I am going to dedicate myself more to crafts this year. I am not sure what is going to come out of this and how many more things I will be able to make for myself (there is only so much I can decorate my house with :) ), but that's what I'll do anyway. Maybe I can even start creating for other people and bring them a bit of this happiness as well.

There are of course other New Year's resolutions; finish my PhD, find a nice flat to live in by June, visit friends who live far away... etc. But as this blog is mainly dedicated to my handmade things I thought it made sense sharing my commitment!

Anyway, enough talking for now. Let's go back to the important things! I have been busy and made a few more things with my crochet hook :) Aren't the cupcakes pretty?




I have also written a 'to-do' list of things I'd like to make and I thought it would be a good idea to put that on the right hand side of the blog so I can remind myself every time I open it. Hearts bunting done! (suggestions are more than welcome)



Comments

Popular Posts